Sunday, May 8, 2011

Things I Love About Being A Mother

  1. Unsolicited hugs and kisses
  2. A constant barrage of "Look what I made for you..." art projects
  3. Reading bedtime stories
  4. Having stories read to me
  5. Being asked for advice
  6. Being asked "Can I help you, Mommy?"
  7. Wiping away tears
  8. Being the loudest cheerleader at the game
  9. Experiencing the joy of Christmas morning through the eyes of my children
  10. Breakfast in bed on Mother's Day
and most of all, being called "Mom."

When I was pregnant, I thought I knew how hard being a mother was going to be.  But it has been a thousand times harder.  I also thought I knew how much joy being a mother would bring me.  But it has brought me AT LEAST a thousand times more joy - and for that I am the most grateful.

Happy Mother's Day to one and all.

0 comments:

Post a Comment